Very often, the store saw brawn, but did not dare to buy it. Recently found a great option how to cook homemade brawn. You can make a large portion and store it in the fridge.
Description of preparation:
Serve brawn only cold. You can make it from chicken, beef, pork, turkey meat, feel free to add any vegetables to it. In appearance, brawn resembles jelly or aspic, however, it is not eaten with spoons, but cut into slices and served with slices of bread.
- Pork head - 1,8-2 Kilograms
- Pork legs - 800 Grams
- Pork tongues - 1 Kilogram
- Water - 6 Liters
- Thyme - 3 Pieces
- Bay leaf - 4 pieces
- Black peppercorns - 1 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 0,5 Pieces (stick)
- Cloves - 4 Pieces
- Allspice peas - 25 Pieces
- Coriander - 0,5 Teaspoons
- Nutmeg - 1 Pinch
- Parsley - 3 Pieces (twigs)
- Celery - 2 Pieces (stem)
- Carrots - 1 Piece
- Onion - 1 Piece
- Salt - 75 Grams
How to cook "homemade brawn"
1. Rinse the pork head and running feet under the running water. Remove the brain from the pig's head.
2. Scrape and wash the pig tongues.
3. Put the pork head, legs and tongue into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and send to the fire. In a gauze, folded several times, put the sprigs of thyme and parsley, cinnamon, bay leaf, cloves, peppers, nutmeg, coriander, tie with thread and send to the pan. Add peeled vegetables and salt. After boiling, remove the foam and boil over low heat for about 3 hours.
4. After 1,5 hours, remove the pork tongues and leave them to cool, then remove the skin and cut the meat into slices. The remaining parts of the pork carcass after cooking cool and cut off any parts of the meat, mix all kinds of meat.
5. Strain the broth through a fine sieve or through cheesecloth.
6. Place a plastic wrap or plastic bag on the bread pan or any other. Put the meat and fill it with broth, cover with foil and send to the refrigerator overnight (8-10 hours).
7. After the necessary time, remove the form and make sure that the brawn is frozen. Carefully remove it from the mold and store in the refrigerator, cut it into small slices to the table.